The OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance offers cover for unexpected medical expenses while visiting the Netherlands. This insurance meets the demands of the Schengen visa for a temporary stay in the Netherlands. If you already have health insurance in your home country this insurance can close the gap between Dutch medical costs and your local coverage.
- Unforeseen medical expenses
- Maximum coverage € 500.000,-
- Optional: personal liability insurance
- The insurance meets the requirements of the IND for a Schengen visa.
- The insurance can be applied for even if the person to be insured is allready in the Netherlands.
- Covered in all 'Schengencountries' and also in: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland Romania and the United Kingdom.
- Not covered in oversees countries belonging by Schengen countries incl. the 6 countries mentioned above. (for example no cover in Bonaire, Curacao or Aruba)
- No maximum age for the insured person.
The insurance knows a premium per day that depends on the age of the insured person.
Premiums per day for medical insurance and SOS:
- 0 to 69 year: € 1,60
- 70 to 79 year: € 6,00
- 80 years and older: € 8,00
Premium for personal liablity (per day):
- 1 person: € 0,18
- 2 or more persons: € 0,36
What is the deductible per period?
- 0 to 69 years: € 50,00
- 70 to 79 years: € 100,00
- 80 years and older: € 200,00
How to apply
You can apply online via button below. There are no extra administration costs charged but you'll receive the policy certificate after the premium has been received by the insurance company. Online you can pay by iDEAL. The policy certificate is send to you by email.
You can easily get a quote online and apply for the insurance by clicking the button below.
- Overview of benefits
- Conditions liability insurance
- Claim form medical expenses
- Claim form liability
- IPID OOM Schengen Visitor (Dutch)
- The 'OOM Schengen Visitor' and the 'OOM Voorlopig Verblijf' insurance are substitutes for the OOM Global Visitor.
- If you are looking for an insurance for someone who is planning to live in The Netherlands, and is awaiting a residence permit, then please look at the OOM Voorlopig Verblijf insurance.