OOM Schengen Visitor

OOM Schengen Visitor

The 'OOM Schengen Visitor' and the 'OOM Voorlopig Verblijf' insurance are substitutes for the OOM Global Visitor. If you are looking for an insurance for someone who is planning to live in The Netherlands, and is awaiting a residence permit, then please look at the OOM Voorlopig Verblijf insurance.

On this page you will find more information about the OOM Schengen Visitor insurance for people who are temporarily in the Netherlands.

Apply Online Now


  • Unforeseen medical expensens
  • Maximum coverage € 500.000,-
  • SOS-costs
  • Optional: personal liability insurance
  • The insurance meets the requirements of the IND for a Schengen visa.
  • The insurance can be applied for even if the person to be insured is allready in the Netherlands.
  • The insured person should stay mainly in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France or Germany
  • No maximum age for the insured person.


The insurance knows a premium per day that depends on the age of the insured person.  

Premiums per day for medical insurance and SOS:

0 to 69 year € 1,60
70 to 79 year  € 6,00
80 years and older € 8,00

Premium for personal liablity (per day):

1 person  € 0,18
2 or more persons  € 0,36

What is the deductible

0 to 69 years  € 50,00 per period
70 to 79 years  € 100,00 per period
80 years and older  € 200,00 per period

How to apply

You can apply online via the link at the bottom of this page. There are no extra administration costs charged but you'll receive the policy certificate after the premium has been received by the insurance company. Online you can pay by iDEAL. The policy certificate is send to you by email. 

You can easily get a quote online and apply for the insurance by clicking the button below.

Apply Online

Important documents