The OOM Schengen Visitor Travel Insurance offers cover for unexpected medical expenses while visiting the Schengen zone (EU). This insurance meets the demands of the Schengen visa for a temporary stay in the EU.
Table of Contents
- Unforeseen medical expenses and SOS.
- Maximum coverage € 500.000,-
- Including cover for necessary medical costs related to covid-19.
- Optional: personal liability insurance
- Covered in all 'Schengen countries'*
- Also cover in: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland Romania and the United Kingdom.
- Not covered in oversees countries belonging by Schengen countries incl. the 6 countries mentioned above.
- No maximum age for the insured person.
- Not available if travelling form a sanctioned country.
Schengen Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The insurance knows a premium per day that depends on the age of the insured person.
Premiums per day for medical insurance and SOS:
- 0 to 69 year: € 1,60
- 70 to 79 year: € 6,00
- 80 years and older: € 8,00
Premium for personal liability (per day):
- 1 person: € 0,20
- 2 or more persons: € 0,40
What is the deductible per period?
- 0 to 69 years: € 50,00
- 70 to 79 years: € 100,00
- 80 years and older: € 200,00
3. How to make a quote and how to apply online
You can make a quote and apply online via button below. You'll receive the policy certificate after the premium has been received by the insurance company. The policy certificate is send to you by email.
Make a quote or apply online for this Insurance
Start date of the insurance:
- The insurance can start on the day you leave your home country
- The insurance can also be applied for if the person to be insured is already travelling.
4. Important documents
Why JoHo Insurances?
JoHo Insurances is one of the few organisations in the Netherlands where you can directly purchase a comprehensive range of foreign insurances from a variety of insurers. As with our other products and services, we believe that you should be able to choose between the best, the most cost effective and the most specialised insurance.
JoHo offers various possibilities from combining insurances to assisting in transferring from one insurer to another.
When you purchase an insurance policy through JoHo, you with not pay anymore than if you had purchased it directly from the insurer. Sometimes (through special collective agreements) you will pay even less.
JoHo offers support with problems that may arise with the insurer. Sometimes disagreement with claims, cancellation notice or insurance premiums can occur. In this situation it helps if you have the assistance of an organisation who has an established relationship with the insurer.
More about JoHo Insurances - or get in contact