The OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance (OOM Voorlopig Verblijf Nederland) is suitable for people who will be staying in the Netherlands for a longer period of time and/or are awaiting a residence permit. Either way is this insurance a good alternative if someone is not (yet) obliged to have the Dutch Health insurance (Basisverzekering as wel call it).
- unforeseen medical expenses maximum coverage € 500.000,-.
- coverage in the Netherlands and in Europe during holidays of maximum 30 days. No coverage in the country of origin.
- maximum age of the insured is 69 years
- maximum insurance period is 12 months
- the insurance meets the requirements of the IND for receiving a MVV visa
- optional: dental coverage for € 350,-
- optional: liability insurance
Early insurance termination
Can I terminate my insurance early? Yes, you can cancel the insurance. We will then terminate the policy as of the date of receipt of your notice (or later, if required) and refund the surplus premium. Termination with retroactive effect is not possible.
- a visa application is rejected;
- a residence permit is issued;
- the insured person dies during the term of the insurance.
Will you be working?
How to apply
You can easily get a quote online and apply for the insurance by clicking the button below.
- Overview of benefits
- General conditions
- Conditions liability insurance
- Claim form medical expenses
- Claim form liability
- The OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance (OOM Voorlopig Verblijf Nederland) and the OOM Schengen Visitor insurance are the substitutes for the Global Visitor insurance that OOM used to offer.
- If you are in search of an insurance for someone who is staying temporarily in the Netherlands, for example for the holidays, then you should be looking at the OOM Schengen Visitor.