The 'OOM Studying in The Netherlands' is a health and travel insurance for foreign visitors in the Netherlands, who are international students & interns or au pairs joining a host family. Applicants may not be older than 29 years old.
- Health & SOS
- optional Dental coverage
- Insurance package (Luggage, Liability, Legal Assistance, Household, Accident)
The Health Insurance offers you a choice between a Standard cover and Extended cover. You can choose between a deductible of €150,- or €0,- deductible.
A few specifics:
- Premium from € 21,31 per month (standard medical cover, 150 euro deductible)
- The insurance is also valid while you are visiting other countries, as long as the trip doesn't last longer than 50 consecutive days.
- The insurance is quite flexible regarding the length of your stay. You can apply for the insurance for any period from one day up to a maximum of 5 years.
- Be sure not to apply for a too short period since you can not extend the policy.
- Payment via: Paypal, Credit card or Ideal (Dutch bank account)
2. How to apply
You can easily get a quote online and apply online for the insurance:
3. Important documents
Why JoHo Insurances?
JoHo Insurances is one of the few organisations in the Netherlands where you can directly purchase a comprehensive range of foreign insurances from a variety of insurers. As with our other products and services, we believe that you should be able to choose between the best, the most cost effective and the most specialised insurance.
JoHo offers various possibilities from combining insurances to assisting in transferring from one insurer to another.
When you purchase an insurance policy through JoHo, you will not pay anymore than if you had purchased it directly from the insurer. Sometimes (through special collective agreements) you will pay even less.
JoHo offers support with problems that may arise with the insurer. Sometimes disagreement with claims, cancellation notice or insurance premiums can occur. In this situation it helps if you have the assistance of an organisation who has an established relationship with the insurer.