UPDATE MARCH 2020 because of Coronavirus / COVID-19
Although we expect that at this moment not much people will be travelling outside of their country of living we want to emphasize that this travelinsurance of Bupa does not provide cover for healthcare or repatriation because of an epidemic and/or pandemic.
Table of Contents
- UPDATE MARCH 2020 because of Coronavirus / COVID-19
- Why do I need Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
- Bupa International Travel Insurance - Annual Travel
- List of excluded countries
- This insurance covers
- Things to know prior to purchasing a Bupa Annual Multi-Trip Policy
- Quote and Apply online - 5% discount when applying online via JoHo Insurances
Why do I need Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
For those who travel frequently, an annual multi-trip travel insurance can work out more time and cost effective. A common misconception is that you need to travel at least once a month in order for it to be worthwhile. In many cases an annual multi-trip policy can be a good alternative for individuals that take just two or three trips per a year. Sometimes it is worth getting a quote for both annual and single trip cover to compare the costs.
An annual travel insurance policy can also be convenient as it ensures that you are always covered for trips arranged at short-notice. Travellers can at their leisure compare costs of annual policies instead of having to make last-minute decisions for that unexpected trip. Another advantage with annual travel insurance is that there is never the risk of forgetting to purchase travel insurance.
Bupa International Travel Insurance - Annual Travel
Worldwide Travel Options offers;
- Worldwide coverage
- Unlimited medical cover
- All nationalities are covered
- Dangerous sports and occupation are covered (except in Antarctica, Greenland & the North Pole)
- Risk and war zone covered
- No deductible
You are able to tailor the policy to meet your own personal needs.
List of excluded countries
When living in one of the following countries, you can not apply for this insurance, unfortunately.
- Puerto Rico
- Residents of sanctioned countries
This insurance covers
- unlimited emergency medical cover
- in- & outpatient treatment
- compassionate emergency repatriation
- compassionate emergency visit
- transport of the deceased home
On top of the Basic Cover you have a choice between the Non-Medical option or the Trip Cancellation option.
- Personal accident - death and disability
- Baggage - theft, loss or damage
- Baggage delay
- Personal Liability - property damage
- Personal liability - bodily injury
- Flight delay
- Hospital daily benefit
- Security and legal assistance
Trip Cancellation Option
This option covers you for any costs incurred should you have to cancel your trip due to an acute medical condition, injury or death.
Things to know prior to purchasing a Bupa Annual Multi-Trip Policy
- Trips for a maximum of 1 month, ie 4th in one month to the 3rd in the following month
- Extra days can be purchased prior to departure as per agreement with the insurance company
- Cover ceases when insured reaches the age of 80 years
- Children up to 2 years of age insured free of charge
Quote and Apply online - 5% discount when applying online via JoHo Insurances